Start a new future with a career in technology
The TechBridge Technology Career Program in partnership with Goodwill of North Georgia is a free, part time 16-week technology and business education program designed to prepare unemployed or underemployed young adults for a career in the growing technology job market. Upon graduation from the education program, participants interview with partner employers for entry level technology roles and receive up to one year of career coaching and mentorship.
The program focus is to provide young adults from impoverished households with the skills and support needed to get and succeed in middle-class jobs. Our current cohort provides training in the areas of web technologies and Salesforce.com, based on the high demand for these skills, the ability to quickly demonstrate proficiency, and employer’s commitment to provide access to job opportunities. Students also receive professional and money management education, so graduates have a solid foundation for success in their new career and future.
- Gain technology, financial and professional skills
- Career path in high-demand technology fields
- Financial stability and path to life-long success & self-sufficiency
- New source of tech savvy, untapped talent
- Skill development for specific needs
- Lower recruitment costs
- Recognized for positive impact in their communities
- Economic development with more jobs filled
- Bridge the opportunity gap
- Change the trajectory of youth that are unemployed or underemployed
- Break the cycle of generational poverty
How We Serve
Students receive the following benefits during the program:
- Completely free training and services
- Certification in high demand, highly marketable skills
- A laptop that students keep after graduation, internet stipend and other support
- Access to supportive services from community partners and nonprofits
- Professional training on how to interact and perform in the corporate workplace
- Money management training on how to create and live within a household budget, and how to save and invest for life-long financial security.
Graduates receive the following additional services and benefits:
- Direct access to sought after employers for long-term jobs
- Support and training while mastering new skills and new environments
- Coaches provide on-the-job mentorship and career planning for up to 12 months
- Case managers ensure graduates receive supportive services, when needed, so graduates can maintain their focus on their new jobs and overcome obstacles
- Access to technology jobs with middle class salaries.
Employers receive the following through their participation:
- A reliable source of talent in high demand, low supply fields
- The opportunity to shape curriculum and mentorship based on business needs
- Lower acquisition and retention costs through program preparation, placement and support
- Employees with supportive services and mentorship that accelerates their performance while aiding in times of need
- Support of community and economic development in the markets where their customers and employees live
- Integration with Corporate Social Responsibility, Volunteerism, and Diversity and Inclusion programs
Apply Now if you are ready to take your career to the next level.
Deadline to apply for our first cohort: Sunday, 5/6/18 at 11:59 PM ET.
18-24 year olds
High school diploma or GED
Able to pass a drug-screen
Authorized to work in the US
For More Information
PHONE – 844.344.WORK (9675)
EMAIL – firstname.lastname@example.org
Email – email@example.com
Goodwill of North Georgia
Atlanta Housing Authority
Atlanta Police Foundation
Goodwill of N.GA